Friday, January 22, 2010

Lucky to live in the United States

As I am typing I am thinking about how we are lucky to live in the United States with the freedom that we have. And I reflect on what is happening in our world today crisis wise. With the victims of Haiti and the aid that they are getting not only from the United States but also from other countries as well. It is neat to see how people quickly reacted to the heroic event. There are so many ways to help out and next week I hear that here at Northwest we have opportunities to help out starting next week there will be fundraisers starting on campus and the donations will be sent to Haiti and help in the relief effort. I as a college student myself we don't have much money but if we have loose change laying around it could help wonders. It doesn't take much!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree and have had similar thoughts. As a citizen of the United States, I think we take for granted how lucky we are. It's sad that it takes a horrible event to remind us. It is so comforting to know that people are so willing to jump into action in times of crisis. It gives me a sense of pride to know that if something like this were to happen here, people would come to our aid. It's great to know that I'll have the opportunity to help out as well.

    ReplyDelete