Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why I love emergencies








The reason why I am interested in emergency, whatever it maybe either from medical related to natural disasters. It has been an interest of mine. How I got started into liking this profession was that in summer of 2008 I was a health coordinator at a local summer camp in Iowa. Before campers came we where struck my tornadoes left and right.

There was the small town in Iowa that wasn't too far away from where I was working for the summer that was hit by a tornado. There was a group of us that wanted to help out with the disaster relief effort.

There was a small group and got into our cars and went to Attica, Iowa where we stayed for 3 days working on helping cleaning up the town. We where there within less then 12 hours of the disaster happening. The atmosphere of the the small town was still in shock of what had happen. This is when I knew this is what I wanted to do for my profession helping people once a disaster has strike!



No comments:

Post a Comment